Tax time is often a tough enough exercise is frustration. Add in COVID and you have a recipe for extra stress.
If you're scrambling to get your taxes filed in the next couple of days, tune into 640 News Radio today at 2:30 ET. I'll be sharing tips for easing the burden with Jeff McArthur.
Here's some handy articles and resources to check out:
- CRA Important Due Dates
- CRA Interest Penalties
- Financial Post - Being Prepared Makes Tax Filing Easier
- Global News Tax Deadline tips and Info
- CTV News Accountants and Politicians Call On Canada Revenue Agency to Delay Income Tax Deadline
Find key dates including filing due dates, payment deadlines, and dates for receiving credits and benefit payments from the CRA.
Filing dates for 2020 taxes
- Mar 1, 2021: Deadline to contribute to a RRSP, PRPP, or SPP
- Apr 30, 2021: Deadline to file your taxes
- Jun 15, 2021: Deadline to file your taxes if you or your spouse or common-law partner are self-employed
Payment date for 2020 taxes
- Apr 30, 2021: Deadline to pay your taxes